Careers / EEO
KGY/KAYO currently has the following positions available:
Traffic Director / Media Coordinator
KGY, Inc., Olympia, WA – Radio Stations 96.9 KAYO (Country) & 95.3 KGY (Classic Hits) is currently seeking candidates to apply for the position of Traffic Director / Media Coordinator. Whether you’re looking to begin a career, have many years of experience in a similar role, or if you’re looking for a change and are interested in working for a local broadcasting company, this key position at KGY, Inc. is your opportunity to join a team of talented and experienced broadcasting and marketing professionals.
Duties for this position include:
Daily preparation of the commercial “traffic” logs, executing client billing and continuity, managing Accounts Receivable (A/R) - including special collection efforts, and processing related reports for Sales & Management Executives.
Assisting Sales & Promotions Department as well as General & Program Management staff by providing administrative support including, but not limited to; Website/Social media management, office management duties as assigned, and preparing for and working at remote client/station events.
Qualified candidates demonstrate; General interest in broadcasting and advertising industry, Initiative – Self Starter, Motivation to succeed, High-level of integrity, Responsibility and Accountability, Resourcefulness in overcoming challenges, Strong interpersonal communication skills, Collaborative mind-set, Website/Social media experience, Professional presentation, Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Current Driver’s license, Ability to lift up to 50lbs, High School graduate with further education, (A.A., B.A.), preferred.
The position is Part-time, with an expectation of minimum, 20-25 hours per/week, with potential for additional hours as assigned. Starting wage is $15.00 per/hour. Training for the position will be provided.
If you believe you’re a strong candidate for this position, or would like more information about this opportunity with 96.9 KAYO & 95.3 KGY, we want to hear from you. Please email your resume and cover-letter to Business Manager Nick Kerry: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (360) 943-1240 x102
More information for this position is available online at KGYfm.com / KAYOfm.com under the “Menu/Careers” tab.
KGY, Inc. is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity. The studio/offices are open Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm and located at 1700 Marine Drive NE Olympia, WA 98501.
Are you ready to use your sales skills selling something people not only need but are actually interested in hearing about? KAYO/KGY has an opening for a Radio and Digital Media Sales Advertising Account Executive with our stations in Olympia, Washington.
If you want to sell for a company that has a true entrepreneurial spirit and not be bogged down by corporate bureaucracy getting in the way of your selling, you may be the right fit for our sales organization. We believe in giving our salespeople the resources and the freedom to solve our clients marketing needs. You will be able to use your marketing creativity to sell multi-media ideas that you can really believe in and make a difference for your clients. We believe in rewarding success, not putting limits on your potential.
Major Responsibilities of This Position:
Developing new advertising clients through a relentless drive to generate new business
• Face to face meetings with prospective clients
• Developing relationships with business owners and decision makers
• Creating advertising campaigns for your clients to help them grow their businesses
• Developing strong relationships with clients to ensure success and repeat business
• Closing business and executing the client campaign as agreed upon
• Coordinating entire advertising campaigns including copy, ad production, billing, collections, promotions, events, and digital elements.
Desired Skills and Experience: First and foremost….A passion for selling! Plus…
• A creative mind to put together unique ideas for our clients
• Proven ability to ask for the business and the courage to ask again
• Outside sales experience and a track record of successfully prospecting and developing new business a big plus
• Computer literacy and proficiency in MS Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Internet, social media, and digital marketing savvy
• Excellent listening skills and strong curiosity to learn about your clients’ businesses
• Problem solving ability – someone who sees a problem as an opportunity to develop business
• A belief in your ability to sell and no fear .
We are committed to serving our listeners and the business community. KAYO/KGY is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EEO / Issues Report