CULT CLASSIC VHS TAPES ARE SELLING FOR THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS.
Matt Case - September 14th
In the age of streaming, vintage VHS tapes are emerging as sought-after collector's items. While digital platforms have replaced video rental stores, tapes of classics such as "Back to the Future" and cult favorites like the original "Fast and the Furious" are commanding high prices on platforms like eBay. However, potential sellers should note that the condition of the tape plays a crucial role in determining its value. Before digging through garage boxes or attic collections, individuals are advised to handle with care.
1. “Back to the Future” — If you could time travel back to 1985 in the DeLorean, tell yourself not to open your copy. It’s selling for $1,000.
2. “The Fast and the Furious” — By the time it came out in the early 2000s, many of us were already on to DVDs. A VHS version of this Paul Walker and Vin Diesel classic can bank you a cool $1,000.
3. “Teen Wolf” — A first printing of the VHS tape with the iconic cover of Michael J. Fox baring his chest just sold for $1,190 on eBay.
4. “Gremlins” — America fell in love with those furry, evil little menaces in this 1980s staple. A copy today goes for $1,250.
5. “First Blood” — Sylvester Stallone was in his element. A copy of this gem just went for $1,525. The original VHS tape still had the $29.95 price tag on the front. How's that for appreciation?
6. “Halloween II” — An unopened copy of this blockbuster sequel recently sold for $1,525.
7. “Dumbo” — A limited-edition version bundled with a Mickey Mouse ornament recently sold for $1,575.50.
8. “Conan the Barbarian” — Who doesn't love an old-school, enemy-crushing masterpiece? A mint copy is worth $1,725.
9. “Taxi Driver” — First printings and early releases go for a pretty penny. An initial release of the Robert De Niro classic sold for $1,905.
10. “The Goonies” — Recently went for $4,050. As the saying goes, "Goonies never die." Neither does this VHS tape’s market value.
11. “A Nightmare on Elm Street” — Calling all Freddy Krueger fans. A new copy recently sold on eBay for $5,000.